CREATE AN ORIGINAL ARTISTIC PIECE THAT REFLECTS ON THIS YEAR’S THEME:
SHOW YOUR VOICE
The PTA Reflections program is a nationally acclaimed student recognition program that encourages artistic creativity in the classroom and at home. Students of all grades and abilities may participate and explore the arts based on the 2023-2024 theme: I AM HOPEFUL BECAUSE...
Each year, over 300,000 students in Pre-K through Grade 12 create original works of art in response to a student-selected theme. This 50+ year-old program helps them explore their own thoughts, feelings and ideas, develop artistic literacy, increase confidence and find a love for learning that will help them become more successful in school and in life.
Students may choose to submit an entry in one or all of the available arts categories:
Unleash your creative potential!
2023-2024 REFLECTIONS CONTEST RULES
Students should download the 2023-2024 Program Rules to ensure their art meets the requirements for each art category. Each entry must be accompanied by a completed Student Entry Form (download HERE).
The submission deadline is Monday, October 30, 2023. Students can submit their entries via email at email@example.com or by dropping them off at the Norton Front Office.
Each entry must be the original work of one student and created specifically for the Reflections program based on the national theme.
At least one person from the student's primary household must be a current member of Norton PTA for a submission to be accepted by the Reflections Committee.
Judging of all submitted entries will be conducted during October 31 to November 3.
- Interpretation: How closely the piece relates to the theme based on the artwork itself and the artist statement.
- Creativity: How creative and original the piece is in its conception of the theme and its presentation.
- Technique: The level of skill demonstrated in the basic principles/techniques of the arts area.
Visit Reflections Awards 2022-23 to see examples of entries from a previous year.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2025-26 REFLECTIONS THEME SEARCH CONTEST
The Reflections theme changes every year, and National PTA needs your students’ suggestions! Each state selects five student theme suggestions to advance to national-level judging. National PTA then selects one exceptional theme to inspire creativity for the following year’s PTA Reflections program. The student winner will receive $100 and recognition at the Annual National PTA Convention!
There is no limit to how many different themes you can enter. When suggesting a theme, these are the items that judges take into consideration:
- Theme is unique, inspiring and unlike past program themes.
- Theme is focused without being too narrow or too broad.
- Theme is clear, concise and appropriate for all grade levels.
- Theme is applicable to all arts categories.
- Theme promotes PTA values.
- Theme is relevant in 2 years.
- Past themes and duplicate entries are not considered.
Reflections Theme Search Entry Form – Deadline for submission is November 5, 2023