Norton Elementary PTA Scholarship
The Norton Elementary PTA Scholarship will be awarded to two college-bound students graduating from Allen High School’s Class of 2021. Students must have previously attended and graduated from Norton Elementary School. To access the scholarship file, please CLICK HERE.
- The student must have attended Norton for all of their 4th-6th grade years.
- The student must be planning to enroll as a full-time college student.
- The student’s application must include:
- The completed information requested on both pages of this application form
- A letter of recommendation from a high school faculty member or supervisor from a job or volunteer experience. Recommendations can be emailed from the recommender directly to Sarah Stuart at email@example.com.
- An official transcript, signed by the school principal or registrar – no copies. Official transcripts should be sent directly to the Norton Elementary School office.
- Responses to the Student Response Questions must be correctly formatted according to the directions below in the Student Response section.
- The student must return the completed application to the Norton Elementary School office or emailed directly to Sarah Stuart at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday, March 26, 2021, no later than 3:00 p.m.
- If we notice errors on the form, we will attempt to contact you to correct them, but the application must be turned in prior to the deadline.
The Norton PTA Scholarship committee will evaluate applications based on academic accomplishment and extracurricular involvement. Committee members will also consider the ways in which the student has demonstrated leadership, hard work, and a commitment to community service. Particular attention will be given to the student’s ability to express themselves in writing.
City_________________________ Zip Code_____________ Phone______________________
Signature of Applicant__________________________________________________________
Dates Attended Norton:_______________________________________________________________________
Current GPA:________________ Class Rank:_________________ Class Size:___________
Student Response Section
Please respond to the following questions. Applicant responses will be evaluated on clean and concise thoughts, elaboration, content, grammar, spelling and overall impact. Additionally, applicants must:
- Double space the written essay responses
- Use 12pt Times New Roman as your font so all applications are uniform
- List your most significant academic accomplishments including any Honors/Advanced Placement course(s), awards received, etc. A resume can be provided including this information.
- List your most significant roles in school, church, work, service and any other organizations. Include participation in clubs and school groups in this section along with the years participated. A resume can be provided including this information.
Answer each question below separately.
- Describe the career field you wish to pursue. Explain why you chose this field; in particular, what/who influenced your decision to enter this field? Describe your goals and where you see yourself in 5 years.
- PTA is an organization dedicated to serving our Norton community. Describe a meaningful experience in which you gave back to your community through a service/volunteer opportunity.
- Relate a Norton memory that has had an impact on your educational choices.